Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Misleading Ad : yeah...again

I dunno why but stupid misleading Ads keeps coming lately, this time is from telkomsel. In their Ad, they claim that every telkomsel user can now download Yahoo!Go for free. EXCLUSIVELY FOR TELKOMSEL....they say. All u need to do is type YAHOO and send it to 6789.
Off course, I'm very excited bout this cause yahoo!go has never works with Indonesian provider. So I did what they said, send an sms. After a while a I got a reply to follow a link....guess wat...it's broken.
So I waited a day...and it's still broken. And on 2nd day I can't wait anymore, I switched to IndosatM2 and access the link....kazaaaaaam....it works, I've downloaded the file and install it to my v3xx. But that's not all, the self proclaimed exclusive only for telkomsel turned out working smoothly with indosatM2...what the?!?!
I got curious...I switched to proXL and same thing happened..it works like a charm...so TELKOMSEL has made us think that only telkomsel user can access Yahoo!Go....what a lame thing to do for a company that big....sigh
Anyway....if any of u need Yahoo!go, just point your internal phone browser to http://id.m.yahoo.com and choose upgrade to yahoo!go.
You notice that "id"? It stands for Indonesia...not telkomsel.
And one more thing, not all phones r supported.
Enjoy Yahoo!Go, it's a great app
--------------------------
Sent from my wireless CrackBerry Device

3 comments:

Bijuk said...

hahahhaha.....baru kmrn gw dgr si botak complaining about telkomsel flash and here we are...probably you could write a surat pembaca buat telkomsel to stop claiming things that not solely theirs

Rendy said...

Well Cub our company's pretty lame also, if not lamER...morally...

A Father said...

@syl'v:
Keknya kalo si boxy tau ttg ini tambah bete kali ye?

@rendy.bee
I noe..tats y I'm super sensitive on this...but hey, our company never cheat on customer, they never cheat on society and never ever on stake holders...they just cheat the employes BIG TIME