Sunday, May 06, 2007

How you value things....

Before we go thru this, lets check on the conversations below:

CASE 1
Female (F) : I think u need a new pair of shoes
Male (M) : really?
F : Here, these are perfect for you
M : But it cost more than $150
F : Well if you wanna look good u need to pay, and I want u to look good
M : Nah, I'd rather spend tat $150 for a upgrading my cell phone
F : Why do you even need a new phone? wats wrong wif your cell phone?
M : Nothing, and the same goes with my current shoes
F : But we're still on a tight budget? c'mon...
M : I noe...but spending $150 for shoes that I rarely gonna use compare to the pda phone I'd sure gonna use every minutes? I'll vote for the phone.
F : dun you listen to me? we're on a tight budget
M : So wats the different spending $150 on shoes and $150 on phones to our budget? we still end up spending $150?!?

CASE 2
M : honey, you can't go on like this, i think you need to get your self a laptop
F : I noe, but do I really need it now?
M : I think you do, and we have the budget for that
F : you noe wat I need? I need a spa therapy at least twice a month and maybe a new hand bag to cool off my mind
M : SPA?!? it's a total waste of money, and new hand bags?!? you already got a closet full of em
F : and buying a laptop is not? you're the one who wanted me to have a laptop, not me, wat i need is something else

So?!?! waddya think? well, I come to conclusion tat you can't assume you noe wat others want. In terms of spending their money, people have their own preferences and it can be vary for each individuals. Wat you think important might be a real garbage for someone else, and also dun forget we tend to think according to our preferences.

this is a common rules tat everybody sud noe and implement in their live, which for me, I just implement it recently. I think the furthest you can say to people who had just made a useless purchase (in our point view)is ,

"Are you satisfied with this? is it lives up your expectation?"

Never say, "You really wasted your money on this, I were u I'd rather....."

But if you really need to comment, do compare it with item on the same category and give a valid reason like, "I think with $400 I wud not go for W880, I'd rather choose P990i coz its on the same price but has a qwerty keyboard, PDA with touchscreen and you still abble to do things like with your w880"

anyway, it's a random thought......try to open your self to the real world

2 comments:

Bijuk said...

never insult women's relationship wif shoes! u know there's a research that women prefer shoes than orgasm!

but i could still understand why people go ga ga over gadget! coz its worthed and make life seems easier

A Father said...

Women and shoes...sigh....wat happened to the picture perfect of Eve with bare feet?